An easy no bake dessert recipe that “fits” EVERYONE’S tastes! – No springform pan or blow-torch needed.
Some Pegs and Petes enjoy cooking (Dixie, Count Raoul, Connie and even Jack). Some, however, do not (Lovey and Nurse Kris). Some like to bake (Connie) and some don’t (Dixie and Bert Jay). Two are even gluten free (Connie and Dixie).
That’s what is great about being a Domestic Square Peg … it really doesn’t matter!
We are all just trying to find what fits for us and not worry about being everything to everyone.
Not Your Mother’s Cheesecake Recipe
• 8 oz Cool Whip Free
• 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
• Graham cracker cookies (or your favorite flavor) or pre-made crust
• 1/4 cup sugar, sugar substitute, stevia, agave, maple syrup or honey
• 1 tsp lemon juice or vanilla (depending on flavor you want)
• Option to add a Tbs or two of cocoa for a chocolate taste
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 scoop/piece
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, lemon and sugar for a few minutes until fluffy. Add Cool Whip and whip until smooth. Chill mixture for a few hours, until firm. Spoon into bowls (Dixie likes to use a martini glass for added drama) and add your favorite graham crackers or other cookie. Or, spoon into pre-made crust for a pie. Viola!
Tastes great, low calorie and you don’t even need a springform pan … whatever that is. Take that, Count Raoul!
* Can be made gluten free if you use GF cookies.
View all posts by: DSP Dixie.